UK Good Deals Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
If you have any requests or queries concerning your personal information or our use of it please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1.2 We collect information in the following ways: data is given to us by you; data is recieved from other sources; and data is collected automatically.
Information that you provide includes information obtained by filling in forms on our website www.ghostbikes.com (our website). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, buying Products from us, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with Products purchased from us or problems with our website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, his may be via phone, website, post, email or through other means;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. These surveys may be carried out on our behalf by third parties.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders and to process payments for Products.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may monitor and record telephone conversations with you to ensure consistent service levels, to prevent fraud or other crime and for training purposes.
2.1. We may collect information from non-registered users of our website by the use of anonymous cookies which keep track of your internet browsing patterns to build up a demographic profile. These cookies may also attach to your computer when you click on one of our advertisements appearing on a third party website. This allows us to manage our relationship with that affiliate site. Anonymous cookies also gather information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
2.2. When you register on our site we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, record how you use our website, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests and to direct you to new areas that we think may be of interest to you.
- To speed up your searches, and to customise our website based on your browser type.
- To recognise you when you return to our site to simplify logging on.
3.2. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. You agree to accept responsibility for any activity that occurs when your account with password is used. You should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else or the password is or is likely to be used in an unauthorised manner.
4.1. We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or to improve this website.
- For administrative or operational reasons relating to our services or to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. To facilitate orders we may have to share your information with our agents or contractors who assist us in providing our business operations.
- For statistical or survey purposes.
- To check details on applications for credit and credit related accounts or facilities, and to recover debts or compensation payments.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
4.2. We like to hear your views to help us to improve our service. From time to time, we may contact you by post, email telephone or fax to ask your opinions.
4.3. Where you give us permission to do so we may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post, fax or telephone.
4.4. Unless you select otherwise we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
4.5. Where you permit us to share your information with selected third parties, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
4.6. Integration of the Trusted Shops Trustbadge We have integrated the Trusted Shops Trustbadge on this website in order to display our Trusted Shops Trustmark and offer the Trusted Shops products to customers after placing an order. This serves the protection of our legitimate interests in the optimal marketing of our offer according to art. 6 (1) 1 lit f GDPR that are overriding in the process of balancing of interests. The Trustbadge and the advertised trust badge services are offered by Trusted Shops GmbH, Subbelrather Str. 15C, 50823 Cologne, Germany. With every use of the Trustbadge, the web server automatically saves a so-called server log file which contains e.g. your IP address, the date and time of the request, the volume of data transferred and the requesting provider (access data), and documents the request. Those access data are not analysed and are automatically overwritten no later than seven days after the end of your website visit. Other personal data are transferred to Trusted Shops only if you decide to use or have already registered to use Trusted Shops products after placing an order. In such a case, the contract concluded between you and Trusted Shops applies.
4.8. Newsletters and Marketing
For delivery of direct marketing to you via email, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-op-in;
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example when you order from us, or ask for more details about a particular product or service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c. If you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at anytime. You can opt-out of receiving these general emails at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing us at email@example.com
We do not sell, buy, rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
5.1. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies including employees, agents, and/or professional advisors - in order to fulfil the transaction and deliver goods
5.2. We may disclose your personal information to third parties - to ensure the proper adminstration and smooth running of our website, process user payments and refunds, deliver your goods and fulfil your order. Relevant authourities may require your data to facilitate the detection of crime and collection of taxes or duties.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of UK Good Deals Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5.3. When we transfer or receive certain types of sensitive information such as financial or health information we redirect you to a secure server and will notify you through a pop-up screen on our site that this is happening. We have put in place appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information we collect form you.
5.4. We take on-line security very seriously and are a registered secure site under Comodo High Assurance Secure Server CA.
5.5. We use a server certificate (also known as a digital certificate) to assure you of our identity and secure socket layer (SSL) to encrypt data transmissions.
5.6. All reasonable steps are taken to protect your personal information. However, the nature of the Internet means that an absolute guarantee of security cannot be offered and you should be aware that there may be a small security risk in exceptional circumstances when disclosing or uplifting information online.
6.1. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
6.2. To change your preferences you may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
6.3. If you give us your telephone number to contact you but change your mind please use the above telephone number and email to change your preferences.
6.4. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites..
6.5. If we have, with your permission, allowed third parties to use your personal information and you change your mind we will take reasonable steps to help you remove your details from their contact or mailing lists but we do not have any control over their activities.
7.1. The data protection legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised by making a subject access request. You can request this by emailing us at email@example.com
7.2. If you notify us of any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you we will do our best to correct that as soon as possible. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at UK Good Deals Ltd, Unit 1A, Fishwick Park, Mercer Street, Preston, Lancs, PR1 4LQ.
7.3. You have the right to request us to delete or remove your data from our systems.
1. General Principles.
In the course of its activities UK Good Deal will collect, store and process personal data, including the recording of all telephone calls, and it recognises that the correct and lawful treatment of this data will maintain confidence in the organisation and will provide for successful business operations.
2. Call Record Overview Purposes of call recording.
The purpose of call recording is to provide an exact record of the call which can:
• Help identify company staff training needs;
• Help improve staff performance;
• Help protect UK Good Deals staff from abusive or nuisance calls;
• Establish the facts in the event of a complaint either by a customer or a member of staff and so assist in resolving it;
• Assist in quality control to identify any issues in processes, with a view to improving them;
• A call recording may also be used as evidence in the event that an employee’s telephone conduct is deemed unacceptable. This will be passed onto the Customer Service Management.
The telephone call recording system in operation will record incoming and outgoing telephone calls and recordings may be used to investigate compliance with UK Good Deals call quality standards, to provide further training, to support the investigation of complaints, to ensure that UK Good Deals complies with regulatory procedures and to provide evidence for any regulatory investigation.
UK Good Deals will record telephone conversations from its hosted telephone system. We currently do not record the content of any telephone conversations outside of this operating system i.e. telephone conversations made to and from work provided mobile telephones.
3. Awareness of Call Recording System.
UK Good Deals will make every reasonable effort to communicate that calls will be recorded.
This will be done by:
• Publishing this policy on our website www.ghostbikes.com
• Informing all staff in our company policy staff hand handbook that telephone calls will be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
• Informing all clients in the first instance via a recorded announcement or by verbal communication for Incoming calls.
4. Procedures to prevent the recording of sensitive data.
UK Good Deals will make every reasonable effort to ensure (PCI DSS) compliance is upheld regarding the recording of such telephony stored data. Credit Card information should only be taken from the client either in person or over the phone.
5. Procedures for managing and releasing call recordings.
1. The recordings shall be stored securely, with access to the recordings controlled and managed by Company Directors and Data Protection Officer.
2. Access to the recordings is only allowed to satisfy a clearly defined business need and reasons for requesting access must be formally authorised only by senior management.
All requests for call recordings should include the following:
a. The valid reason for the request.
b. Date and time of the call if known.
c. Telephone extension used to make/receive the call.
d. External number involved if known.
e. Where possible, the names of all parties to the telephone call.
f. Any other information on the nature of the call.
3. The browsing of recordings for no valid reason is not permitted.
4. The Data Protection Act allows persons access to information that we hold about them. This includes recorded telephone calls. Therefore, the recordings will be stored in such a way to enable the Data Protection Officer to retrieve information relating to one or more individuals as easily as possible.
5. Requests for copies of telephone conversations made as Subject Access Requests under the Data Protection Act must be notified in writing to the Data Protection Officer immediately and, subject to assessment, he/she will request the call recording and arrange for the individual concerned to have access to hear the recording.
6. In the case of a request from an external body in connection with the detection or prevention of crime e.g. the Police, the request should be forwarded to the Data Protection Officer who will complete the request for a call recording.
7. Requests for copies of telephone conversations as part of staff disciplinary processes will only be released with the written agreement of the DPO, or any other person authorised by the DPO, who will consult with the Data Protection Officer before approval is granted.
8. Recordings of calls will be stored electronically in a secure environment. Call recordings will be automatically deleted, in line with the Retention Policy of 60 to 90 days.